Preparing for a Wedding at OLPH
- Read and observe Marriage Guidelines (special leaflet available in Download Centre)
- A date is reserved once the process is securely started. Do NOT set the date without first consulting the parish priest, assistant parish priest or deacon.
- The offering for the use of the church should be paid BEFORE the final week of preparations to the PSRs at the Parish Office.
- Arrange one by one meetings with the Priest or deacon
(To be presented for the completion of church documentation)
- A recently issued Catholic Baptismal Certificate for each Catholic groom and/or Catholic bride.
- Certificates must be issued from your church of baptism within the last six months with other sacramental notations listed if possible.
- Secured proof of baptism (Baptismal certificate, letter from minister or witness) for a baptized non-Catholic if applicable
- Groom: An official statement from the civil authorities attesting to “Freedom to Marry“. (Banns)
- Bride: An official statement from the civil authorities attesting to Freedom to Marry“. (Banns)
- Completed details of the official witnesses with copy of their identification cards
- The selected Bible readings for the Liturgy (a list is available from which you select)
- The original marriage license (Registrar’s Certificate) – Please note that this certificate will expire six (6) months from the date it was issued.
- If applicable: Decree of nullity; divorce decree; death certificate of former spouse
- Convalidation: copy of Civil Marriage Certificate.
MARRIAGE PREPARATION SESSIONS:
- Wednesday sessions at OLPH Parish Centre
- Engaged Encounter Weekend ( a recommended option)
- Session(s) with Priest/Deacon regarding (a) The completion of the pre Nuptial papers and (b) The Liturgy
- Contacted Music Director
- Selected Musician and Singers
- Necessary Offering arranged with them
- Contacted Florist (must work with the parish team)
- Contacted Photographer/Videographer
- Catholic groom and/or bride are encouraged to receive the Sacrament of Penance prior to the wedding.
- Taking flowers to statue of Mary (optional).
- It is expected that the wedding decor will remain in the church for the weekend
Arrive on time for your wedding!